What we are doing to keep you safe
In light of COVID-19, We want to review the heightened infection control procedures we are following in our practice to keep patients and our team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team members. For example:
- We have installed advanced medical grade air purification systems we are installing throughout the office. These purifiers contain HEPA and UV filters which eliminate volatile organic chemicals, toxins, mold, bio-aerosols, and most importantly airborne viruses. Used in hospitals to clean and sterilize the air, these purifiers are one of the most advanced on the market.
- We ask all arriving patients to call us from their car in the parking lot. We will confirm that we are ready to take you right away so you won’t have to wait in the reception area. No accompanying visitors will be allowed unless there are special circumstances.
- Upon arrival, all patients will have their temperatures taken with a touch-less forehead thermometer and will be asked some health questions.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at multiple stations throughout the office. Plexiglass has been installed at the reception desk to avoid respiratory droplet contact.
- Communal items such as magazines and coffee/tea/water will not be available in order to reduce contact.
- In addition to our already existing universal precautions held at the highest OSHA standards, we are investing in additional personal protective equipment (PPE) such as disposable gowns, hair caps, and face shields to ensure everyone’s safety.
We look forward to taking care of you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office in Braintree at 781-848-0292.